About The Renewal Project
The Renewal Project is Allstate’s platform to support local problem solvers who are strengthening their neighborhoods block by block.
As a network of 10,000 small businesses in communities across the country, Allstate knows that good ideas start at the local level. We believe that communities have the power to create their own renewal. The Renewal Project shares the stories of the problem solvers behind that renewal, because we know that a good idea in Charlotte could inspire a great idea in Albuquerque—and vice versa.
It is our hope that more and more people will inspire one another to take action and work together to strengthen their communities.
Since The Renewal Project launched in 2016, we’ve discovered that the very best ideas come from all corners of the country: from a Dallas-area Allstate agency owner who partnered with a Houston family to educate teens about distracted driving, to a Detroit couple who replaced blighted property with a blooming flower farm. They come from the Heartland as well as the far reaches of the country: In Lincoln, Nebraska, we met neighbors who created community by tearing up their lawns and planting crops, and in Honolulu, Hawaii, we heard from a program director who teaches incarcerated women how to use their creative skills to earn a living.
In addition to finding and sharing inspiring stories like these, Allstate rewards nonprofits that are making a difference through The Renewal Awards. Together with The Atlantic, Allstate honors organizations pioneering ground-up solutions to challenges faced by communities around the country. To date, Allstate has given more than $300,000 to organizations through The Renewal Awards.
Help us spread good ideas and support renewal in your community. Here’s how:
- Tell us a story. What people or organizations are solving problems in your hometown? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may feature them in an upcoming story.
- Write the story yourself. We invite community leaders and anyone with a great idea to write about their work for The Renewal Project. Here’s a checklist for submitting an essay to be considered for publication.
- Follow us. You’ll find us on Twitter @TheRenewalProj, Instagram @TheRenewalProject, and Facebook @TheRenewalProject.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. Be the first to hear news from The Renewal Awards and learn more about problem solvers across the country. Sign up here.
- Support a nonprofit through The Renewal Awards. The nomination period for the 2018-19 season closed on Nov. 30, 2018. Finalists will be named in early 2019. Public voting to select five winners from this pool will run from Feb. 11 to March 1, 2019. Five organizations will receive a $20,000 award from Allstate, including the Allstate Youth Empowerment Award, in the spring of 2019. Visit The Renewal Awards homepage to learn more.